West Sacramento is consistently recognized as the region’s most effective up-and-coming city. We don’t study opportunities to death, we don’t bicker, and we don’t put process and bureaucracy ahead of results. We just get it done.
The recession hasn’t spared us. But we’re creating more jobs and attracting more investment than almost any other city in the region—more than $1 billion since I was first elected mayor.
I’ve worked hard for West Sacramento to lead the region competing for state/federal grants, injecting money into our economy. We’ve brought retail shopping to town, drawing dollars from across the river and causeway.
So while other cities are facing bankruptcy, we’ve adopted balanced budgets protecting public safety. I’m proud of our:
• New community college, library, and community center/theater.
• Waterfront revitalization/public access project, now under construction.
• City recreation center/pool, plus miles of new bike and walking trails.
• Stronger levees for flood protection.
• Repaving of almost every older road in the city.
• Award-winning record for environmental sustainability.
• Bigger drop in crime than any other city in the area.
West Sacramento can’t risk turning back the clock, just as our true potential is finally being realized. Together, let’s keep the momentum going.
Mayor of West Sacramento